|My very first Daily Deviation!!|
Well, I figure I ought to fill out my own...
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
I have been on DA since 2009, so about 6 years now.
2. What does your username mean?
It was the original title for a big story idea I had going. It's a bit of a mouthful, so eventually dropped it but kept it as a username. Somehow, it's still very fitting.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Loving. Creative. Wired.
(Three is not enough words.)
4. Are you left or right handed?
5. What was your first deviation?
This weird little animation thing:
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
Sculpture work. It just feels natural to design and create something from the inside out. Being able to see in 3D really helps.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
DRAWING. Without a doubt. It would be so nice to be able to translate 3D into 2D, and actually get the perspective right. I can draw and all, but it's usually a more blueprint/reference sorta thing. No real action or dynamics. Plus, it takes less planning, materials, tools, and seemingly time, than sculpting does.
8. What was your first favourite?
Lets see... it was this:
If I remember correctly, I was really into Sonic back then (I'm not so much now) and this was the first time I was really exposed to fan art and crossover stuff.
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
It is at a near complete random. Whatever I favorite, it's gotta be very well done. It's often something I find amusing.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
I cannot answer this. I can't even pick a favorite color; how could I pick one out of all of the people I watch?!
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
Oh, lets see.... off the top of my head, in no particular order:
Really, I'd like to meet most of the people I watch, even if it's just to say I love their work and they've inspired me.
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
Encouragement. Friendship. DA is the only place I've ever gotten commissions on. I've met some pretty nice people on here.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Out of the near hundred tools that I have, I would have to say my Colour Shapers. They're basically paintbrushes with silicone tips, and they're crazy useful.
Also the Xacto knives. Not a day goes by where I don't use those.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
It really doesn't matter to me. I can find inspiration almost anywhere. Though I do like it outside.
That being said, sculpting (at least the way I do it) isn't exactly portable. There's a lot of tools, small things that can get lost, and you frequently have to use some sort of a powered appliance. It's definitely possible to make a kit for traveling, but you know...
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
It's a toss-up between getting a note for my first commission, and getting my first Daily Deviation. Both of them... they were very validating.
You can know and see that you're good all your life, but only means so much until picks something of yours out to be showcased, or says "I think you're talented enough for me to pay you to make something."
Despite all it's flaws and continued decline, DeviantArt is still the best place for showcasing artwork of all kinds online. I have no plans on leaving, and even when I get my own website going, I'll still be here to talk with people and see all the weird and awesome stuff they make.